Monday, February 29, 2016

Sci-Fi City Alley Walkthrough





In this illustration I tried to reproduce a scene of everyday life in a sci-fi city. There’s not much going on, just people (and aliens) coming and going, shops open, the police patrolling the streets and so on.
Through the elements I used, I wanted to hold on to the the idea of a contemporary city, but one that also has a futuristic feel. That’s why I used images of contemporary cities that are already somewhat closer to that future feeling as reference. At some point I felt that a splash of color is needed in this composition and tried to introduce vegetation, but I did not like the way it looked. So while I was playing with the filters, I got the idea of making those holographic red trees which contribute even more to the sci-fi city concept.
As a working technique I used a collage of pictures over which I started to draw (which is known as matte painting).

Vlad


 

No comments:

Post a Comment