Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Matte Painting of a City Walkthrough




Hi. I'm Vlad, the 2D environment artist.

The idea behind this scene was to create an entire city sheltered under an enormous structure. I started from a basic 3D model to build my image and my first step was shaping the inside of the structure. It is made up by the city itself, so I used photos of several different cities as inspiration.







Next, I wanted to create a context for the structure. I realized that it needed other reference buildings surrounding it because its immense scale would otherwise make it seem out of place. To that end I built a few smaller streets and architecture around it. 










 Once I settled on the composition, all I had to do was to render the atmosphere and work on the details to get to the final scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment